Sunday, 21 February 2010

- speechless -

13 Nov 2009 0839

Plans made before 11 November:
Dr. Pok: I want you to start steroid treatment. So you will need to stay here for a few weeks more.

Me: What?! No need lah set me free lah I can take the medicine at home.

Dr. Pok: No there'll be a lot of side effects. Your fat distribution will change, in other words, you'll become fat, and that's what most girls concern about. Maybe your stomach will perforate again, your bones will become brittle. There'll also be some unknown side effects. I need to keep you in ward to monitor you.

Me: I got exam on 23 November wor...I need to go back.

Dr. Pok: When's your last paper?

Me: 10 December.

Dr. Pok: (turned to intern who's writing my report) OK. Readmit on 11 December. Then we'll start steroid treatment immediately.

Me: Surgical ward(7th floor) or gyne ward(10th floor as lounger)?

Dr. Pok: 7th floor! I want to see you.

Plans made on 11 November:
Dr. Edmund: I think you will need a marrow test. We'll did it on 16 December, is that okay?

Me: Is it that necessary? Marrow test is to check 'that'... isn't it?

Dr. Edmund: I'm not saying that you have 'that', but I think it's better for us to confirm it.Me: Har? I got skin test on 14 December. Maybe it's just skin allergy.

Dr. Edmund: Honestly I think you can drop off the test. I don't think it's because of allergy. But we're still not sure whether you have 'that' so marrow test will be the best. But since you've booked the test you can go as you want.

Me: Will I be admitted to ward again?

Dr. Edmund: No you will do it as an outpatient.

---------------------------------------------

I just watch bone marrow biopsy procedure through youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOeGWRmyl0

Stop watching it at the 5th minute. I can't stand to see it anymore.

-----speechless------

I want exam to end fast, but I don't want the tests!!!

FYI:
Skin test:Doctors will draw a checker board on my hand, or back and inject each square with needles containing allergens to identify which I am suppose to be allergic to. Imagine many many needles which will poke my skin(according to doctor only inject under skin layer). Yuck! Eewww...

Marrow test:
Super big needle that poke through spine or pelvic bone. Won't be able bathe for 24 hours. Maybe pain for the next 2 or 3 days. Take 3 days to wait for the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment